How can I give clients limited access?
The dedicated client dashboard can be viewed by your client(s) and provides a basic overview of the project progress. It’s a read-only view that does not allow any interaction.
To give a client access, follow these steps.
- Login to the WordPress back-end
- Create a new user (or edit an existing user)
- Change the role to Client
- Optionally tick the Send Password checkbox
- Click the Add New User button
- Under the Client Access heading, choose a project from the selection field. This will be the project the client can view.
The client will be able to access the dashboard at the same address as you use to access Task Rocket, but their role type will only allow them to see the client dashboard.
Note 1: Only one client can be added to any given project.
Note 2: This is the default client dashboard. To allow clients to actually participate in projects, use the Client Control extension.
How to use
- How to I access the users page on the front-end?
- How do I change the language?
- How do Task Relations work?
- How do I add users to a project?
- Can I change the currency symbol?
- How do I archive a project?
- Task Statuses
- Job Numbers
- How can I give clients more access?
- User roles in Task Rocket
- Un-owned tasks
- How do I allow users to only see their own tasks in projects?
- How do email notifications work?
- How do I track my time on a task?
- How do I track my time on a project?
- How can I put a time frame on a project?
- What happens to a project when the end date has passed?
- How can I set a budget on a project?
- What happens when a project goes over budget?
- How can I let project contributors see the report page?
- How can I disable email notifications?
- How can I make a task private?
- How do I allow users to only see their own projects in the main nav?
- How do I schedule a task?
- How do I change the order of the tasks?
- How can I give clients limited access?
- How do I add a project?
- How do I delete a project?
- How do I add a task?
- How do I edit a task?
- How do I attach files to a task?
- How do I mark a task as complete?
- How do I mark a task as incomplete?
- How do I reassign a task?
- How do I move an existing task into a different project?
- How do I add users?
- How do I narrow my search results?
- How do I update my profile?
Download Free WordPress ThemeDownload
Subscribe to be first to learn about any new features, updates or special offers.