How can I make a task private?
Only administrators can set tasks to private and/or own a private task. If an administrator assigns a private task to a non-administrator, the privacy setting will be automatically revoked making the task visible to everyone.
To make a task private, just hit the Private checkbox when you create or edit a task.
How private tasks are seen on the front-end
If you are logged in as an administrator, details of all private tasks are visible to all administrators. But to non-administrators, private tasks still appear in the project list but with the details obfuscated:
How an administrator sees private tasks:
If a non-administrator was somehow given a private task URL, they would be be denied access to it. Only administrators can see private tasks.
Why are private tasks, even while obfuscated, visible at all on the front-end?
This was a deliberate design choice. It’s important that project contributors know there are still tasks to be completed on any given project, even if they don’t know what that particular (private) task is.
To further illustrate, it would be confusing if private tasks were invisible on the front-end in a scenario when all tasks appear to have been completed, but the project is not at 100% and is also reporting that there are still outstanding tasks.
By keeping the private task visible with its details obfuscated, project contributors can see how many remaining tasks there really are.
How to use
- How to I access the users page on the front-end?
- How do I change the language?
- How do Task Relations work?
- How do I add users to a project?
- Can I change the currency symbol?
- How do I archive a project?
- Task Statuses
- Job Numbers
- How can I give clients more access?
- User roles in Task Rocket
- Un-owned tasks
- How do I allow users to only see their own tasks in projects?
- How do email notifications work?
- How do I track my time on a task?
- How do I track my time on a project?
- How can I put a time frame on a project?
- What happens to a project when the end date has passed?
- How can I set a budget on a project?
- What happens when a project goes over budget?
- How can I let project contributors see the report page?
- How can I disable email notifications?
- How can I make a task private?
- How do I allow users to only see their own projects in the main nav?
- How do I schedule a task?
- How do I change the order of the tasks?
- How can I give clients limited access?
- How do I add a project?
- How do I delete a project?
- How do I add a task?
- How do I edit a task?
- How do I attach files to a task?
- How do I mark a task as complete?
- How do I mark a task as incomplete?
- How do I reassign a task?
- How do I move an existing task into a different project?
- How do I add users?
- How do I narrow my search results?
- How do I update my profile?
Download Free WordPress ThemeDownload
Subscribe to be first to learn about any new features, updates or special offers.