How do I schedule a task?
While there isn’t a front-end feature built into Task Rocket to handle scheduled tasks or recurring tasks, you can use the built in scheduler in WordPress admin for this purpose.
In WordPress admin go to Tasks -> Add New Task to create a task (and change the author to who you want the task owner to be). Now in the Publish panel next to Publish immediately click Edit. Change the date to when you’d like this task to become active.
Tip: Any sort of automation in WordPress relies on the notoriously unreliable wp_cron() function. It works by triggering scheduled events (such as scheduling a task for example) only when there is activity on your website. If there is no activity on your website, the wp_cron() function will not trigger and therefore any scheduled tasks will not run.
When there is eventually activity on your website, any tasks that were scheduled will run then.
Pro tip: You can get around this limitation by using a free web pinging service, like this one. Set it hit your website every 5 minutes and it will be treated as a visit every 5 minutes, and your scheduled tasks will then run.
How to use
- How to I access the users page on the front-end?
- How do I change the language?
- How do Task Relations work?
- How do I add users to a project?
- Can I change the currency symbol?
- How do I archive a project?
- How to I activate my copy of Task Rocket?
- Task Statuses
- Job Numbers
- How can I give clients more access?
- User roles in Task Rocket
- Un-owned tasks
- How do I allow users to only see their own tasks in projects?
- How do email notifications work?
- How do I track my time on a task?
- How do I track my time on a project?
- How can I put a time frame on a project?
- What happens to a project when the end date has passed?
- How can I set a budget on a project?
- What happens when a project goes over budget?
- How can I let project contributors see the report page?
- How can I disable email notifications?
- How can I make a task private?
- How do I allow users to only see their own projects in the main nav?
- How do I schedule a task?
- How do I change the order of the tasks?
- How can I give clients limited access?
- How do I add a project?
- How do I delete a project?
- How do I add a task?
- How do I edit a task?
- How do I attach files to a task?
- How do I mark a task as complete?
- How do I mark a task as incomplete?
- How do I reassign a task?
- How do I move an existing task into a different project?
- How do I add users?
- How do I narrow my search results?
- How do I update my profile?