I get a 404 error
This shouldn’t happen, but if it does there are a couple of reasons why both of which can be fixed with one of the following methods in WordPress Admin:
Settings -> Permalinks and make sure the Permalink type is set to Post name. Hit the Save Changes button.
Task Rocket Settings -> Maintenance and hit the Perform Maintenance button.
If it still doesn’t work, check that your server has mod_rewrite enabled (if you’re running a local server like WAMP, MAMP or XAMPP this should be easily accomplished).
In the unlikely event that doesn’t solve the problem let me know.
Make sure you haven’t trashed the pages that were automatically created by Task Rocket
Go to Pages -> Trash, look for any Task Rocket required pages and restore them. They will have obvious names like New Task, New Project, Reports etc.
Another Possible Cause
If you accidentally place the Task Rocket theme in the wrong location, this could cause a 404 error when performing certain tasks.
Make sure the theme is located…
- Sometimes the document preview shows an error
- I’m getting a PHP error when I try to create a task
- Why can’t I download all project and task attachments in a single zip?
- User sees a message saying he hasn’t been given access to any projects
- Perform maintenance
- My upload max filesize is a little low
- My post max size is not higher than the max upload filesize
- Why is the setting to allow comments not working?
- I can’t see where to track time
- The Chrome extension doesn’t work
- Some users aren’t showing on the users page
- How can I find out my hosting environment details?
- Email notifications are not arriving
- I get a 404 error
- Comments are always closed on new tasks
- Comments are closed on old tasks
- I can’t add a new project
- I can’t delete a project
- I can’t choose who to assign task to in back-end (admin)
- I can’t reassign tasks
- Large files won’t upload with my task
Download Free WordPress ThemeDownload
Subscribe to be first to learn about any new features, updates or special offers.