If you purchased Task Rocket before December 2015, congratulations you have been ‘grandfathered’ and are entitled to continued unlimited updates and support at no cost until the end of time.
If you purchased Task Rocket after December 2015, technical support and updates are offered for 12 months from the date of purchase, and only if you meet the minimum requirements.
What happens after my 12 months support has ended?
After your 12 month support life-cycle has ended you can continue to use Task Rocket without any restrictions for as long as you like, however you will not be able to receive updates to the core product or log support tickets. You will still be able to update your official add-ons, but bear in mind that sometimes they are updated (or new add-ons are released) and may require you to be running the latest version of Task Rocket.
In order to continue to receive updates and technical support after the 12 month support life-cycle has ended, you will need to renew your support for another 12 months. The cost of the support renewal is the same as the cost of a single Task Rocket license (which is $39) and grants you another 12 months support and updates.
Support is only offered for the latest version of Task Rocket. Older outdated versions will not be supported. Before logging a support ticket you will be required to confirm that you are running the latest version.
Where can I see my current support status?
There are two ways to see your support status. Either login to your client dashboard on this website, or in the theme settings page. Both will indicate your current support status.
3rd party plugins, modifications and non-standard scenarios
Technical support can not be offered under these conditions:
- if issues occur when a 3rd party plug-ins is activated
- to help you solve issues caused by your own modifications to the theme
- when running Task Rocket as a child-theme or on a multi-site
- if you don’t meet the minimum requirements
- if an unknown outside influence is causing issues
Issues related to your choice of web hosting are your own responsibility. Aside from being unrelated to Task Rocket, this is also a completely different field of expertise and you would be best advised to consult with your hosting provider.
Why won’t you help me with my own modifications?
While I understand and know many users are making their own modifications to the theme (and that’s totally cool), opening the can of worms labelled ‘modification support’ would literally mean I’d never have time for anything else, including important work like improving the product.
Of course if you spot a bug or some other technical issue with Task Rocket, no problem I’m here to help. But if you can’t get ‘Jimmy’s Fanatic WP Plugin’ to work because it has some sort of conflict with Task Rocket, or a modification you made to the theme or an add-on is not working as expected, then that falls outside the support policy.
It is also worth noting that in the future Task Rocket may undergo significant engineering changes, and if that happens I can’t guarantee it’ll be compatible with any existing modifications you may have made.
Will you accept payment to help me solve my problem that involves 3rd party plugins, modifications or non-standard scenarios?
For the same reasons mentioned earlier, no.
- Can I upgrade from the free version without loosing any data?
- Can I change the login page presentation?
- What happens after my 12 months support has ended?
- Updating from v3.x to v4
- Can I make suggestions for Task Rocket?
- Decommission a domain from your license
- Performance tips
- Will Task Rocket work on the wordpress.com hosted service?
- Can I contract you to do some custom work for Task Rocket?
- Support policy
- Can I use it as a child theme?
- How can I export to a CSV file?
- Terms and Conditions for Task Rocket
- Are there any browser extensions or add-ons?
- Will Task Rocket work on a multisite instance?
- How to make a custom launcher for Chromebooks
- I need help with something that isn’t mentioned here
- What browsers are supported?
- Is Task Rocket a plug-in or a theme?
- What are my payment options when buying Task Rocket?
- Is Task Rocket a hosted service?
- Can I make edits to the theme?
- Who made Task Rocket?