User roles in Task Rocket
There are 3 primary user roles in Task Rocket:
|Role||Description||Admin access||Modify others tasks|
|Administrator||Has complete control on front and back-end, can be involved in projects and tasks.||Yes||Yes|
|Editor||Typical team member involved in projects and tasks, can also be made a Project Manager.||No||No (unless is a PM)|
|Client||Read-only access to a limited read-only dashboard, or customised access with the Client Control extension.||No||No|
About Project Managers
Project Manager is not a role, but instead it’s an attribute of a role. Administrators and Editors can be made a Project Manager. If the setting is enabled, a Project Manager can change the status of any task. A client can not be made a Project Manager.
For example: An Editor can be made a Project Manager but still be denied admin access. To give a Project Manager admin access, that user will also need to be an Administrator.
As an administrator you can mark any task as complete (or incomplete), change its status, log time etc, even a task you don’t own.
As a project manager, you can also edit any task just like an administrator can, but only for tasks that are in projects you are the project manager of.
As an editor you don’t have privileges to change other users tasks, like in a typical WordPress scenario where you could edit other users posts. Instead an editor is just a typical user who has a few front-end privileges. The only exception to this rule is when an editor is assigned to be a project manager for any given project.
How to use
- How to I access the users page on the front-end?
- How do I change the language?
- How do Task Relations work?
- How do I add users to a project?
- Can I change the currency symbol?
- How do I archive a project?
- Task Statuses
- Job Numbers
- How can I give clients more access?
- User roles in Task Rocket
- Un-owned tasks
- How do I allow users to only see their own tasks in projects?
- How do email notifications work?
- How do I track my time on a task?
- How do I track my time on a project?
- How can I put a time frame on a project?
- What happens to a project when the end date has passed?
- How can I set a budget on a project?
- What happens when a project goes over budget?
- How can I let project contributors see the report page?
- How can I disable email notifications?
- How can I make a task private?
- How do I allow users to only see their own projects in the main nav?
- How do I schedule a task?
- How do I change the order of the tasks?
- How can I give clients limited access?
- How do I add a project?
- How do I delete a project?
- How do I add a task?
- How do I edit a task?
- How do I attach files to a task?
- How do I mark a task as complete?
- How do I mark a task as incomplete?
- How do I reassign a task?
- How do I move an existing task into a different project?
- How do I add users?
- How do I narrow my search results?
- How do I update my profile?
Subscribe to be first to learn about any new features, updates or special offers.