Why is the setting to allow comments not working?
By default, WordPress should already have commenting enabled. But to be sure, go to Settings -> Discussion and make sure these two options are enabled:
- Automatically close comments on articles older than (this one is optional, but ideal)
If the first option (Allow people to post comments on new articles) was disabled and you’d created new pages or tasks since, then the default state of those pages and tasks will have comments disabled as well.
To fix this issue, in the WordPress admin interface and then:
- Open one of the pages or tasks in question
- Click on Screen Options in the top right
- Make sure Discussion is enabled
- Scroll down to the Discussion metabox and enable Allow Comments
- Click the Update button
- Sometimes the document preview shows an error
- I’m getting a PHP error when I try to create a task
- Why can’t I download all project and task attachments in a single zip?
- User sees a message saying he hasn’t been given access to any projects
- Perform maintenance
- My upload max filesize is a little low
- My post max size is not higher than the max upload filesize
- Why is the setting to allow comments not working?
- I can’t see where to track time
- The Chrome extension doesn’t work
- Some users aren’t showing on the users page
- How can I find out my hosting environment details?
- Email notifications are not arriving
- I get a 404 error
- Comments are always closed on new tasks
- Comments are closed on old tasks
- I can’t add a new project
- I can’t delete a project
- I can’t choose who to assign task to in back-end (admin)
- I can’t reassign tasks
- Large files won’t upload with my task
Download Free WordPress ThemeDownload
Subscribe to be first to learn about any new features, updates or special offers.