1.7 is now live
This version had enough new features and fixes to warrant skipping a couple of point releases, brining everything into version 1.7.
A couple of user requested features have been included, and some recently revealed bugs have also been squashed. On top of that a number of user interface elements have also been improved, and a new metric that shows you how much task load you are personally responsible for across the entire team.
The full changelog reads:
- Added option to only show the currents users projects in the main nav.
- Added option to swap between new enhanced dashboard overview and original overview.
- Added project mini chart into the main nav (visible everywhere except dashboard).
- Added option to show/hide the mini chart.
- Added new metric so users can see how much task load they carry across all projects.
- Fixed bug where project name would still be immediately visible in nav after being deleted.
- Fixed bug that would mess with the pages nav icon presentation on fresh install.
- Fixed bug where users could still reassign tasks (from new task page) when admin option forbids it.
- Improved dashboard information for when there are no tasks or projects.
- Increased character allowance on project and task names to 100.
- Improved project data UI.
- Added character count to project description.
- Added validation to the search field.
- Updated admin dashboard widget UI.
- Removed ‘subscriber’ role (this role is not used in Task Rocket).
- UI tweaks.
As always, feedback is welcome (and helpful!).
Meet the Rocket Apps plugin manager
The Rocket Apps plugin manager idea was spawned after I received a few complaints about how much side nav real-estate the plugins were using. I could not agree more.Keep reading
A change of direction, and some important product update information
Starting today, Rocket Apps will be launching an updated website and a new business model. The primary products, both Task Rocket and Invoice Rocket, will now be free.Keep reading
Introducing Open Graphite Pro for WordPress
Social sharing can critically important to bringing users to your website and converting, but unfortunately not all websites are putting their best social foot forward.Keep reading
Stripe for Invoice Rocket has been updated to 1.2
The new update to the Stripe extension adds an improved user experience for your customers and also some nice workflow enhancements.Keep reading
Invoice Rocket goes dark
If you’re the type who likes to work in the dark, or you just prefer dark themes in general, then the new Dark Theme option should be a welcome addition.Keep reading
How to make a living from WordPress development without violating the GPL
The General Public License allows users the freedom to run, study, share, modify or even sell the software. This extends to any software that uses the WordPress framework and APIs.Keep reading