Task Rocket 2.7 is nearing completion
Task Rocket 2.6 is nearing completion. Among other things the task UI has also been tweaked, mostly because there was a lot of information being relayed and I was finding it difficult to present it nicely. The screenshot below shows a significant improvement, as well as a new setting to hide attachments by default requiring a click to reveal them.
The second screenshot shows the admin UI utilising the available screen real estate better as well. Also note the three new presentation options: Alternative task list presentation, Vividness and Toggle attachments view.
Another new feature shows who the previous owner of a task was if it had been reassigned. There’s also some bug fixes.
The changelog so far looks like this:
- Reassigned tasks now show who the previous owner was.
- Completed tasks now show date completed.
- Reports now show the date tasks were completed.
- Tasks now show number of attached files.
- New setting to have attachments shown or hidden by default.
- Added presentation setting for increasing UI vividness.
- Improved colour distinction between low and normal priority.
- Fixed logic bug where project cost was output twice for administrators.
- Fixed missing tab task counts bug.
- Simple dashboard stats now shows the same info as enhanced dashboard stats.
- Front-end and back-end user interface improvements.
Stay tuned. Not long to go.
Meet the Rocket Apps plugin manager
The Rocket Apps plugin manager idea was spawned after I received a few complaints about how much side nav real-estate the plugins were using. I could not agree more.Keep reading
A change of direction, and some important product update information
Starting today, Rocket Apps will be launching an updated website and a new business model. The primary products, both Task Rocket and Invoice Rocket, will now be free.Keep reading
Introducing Open Graphite Pro for WordPress
Social sharing can critically important to bringing users to your website and converting, but unfortunately not all websites are putting their best social foot forward.Keep reading
Stripe for Invoice Rocket has been updated to 1.2
The new update to the Stripe extension adds an improved user experience for your customers and also some nice workflow enhancements.Keep reading
Invoice Rocket goes dark
If you’re the type who likes to work in the dark, or you just prefer dark themes in general, then the new Dark Theme option should be a welcome addition.Keep reading
How to make a living from WordPress development without violating the GPL
The General Public License allows users the freedom to run, study, share, modify or even sell the software. This extends to any software that uses the WordPress framework and APIs.Keep reading