Task Rocket 4.7 will launch this week
Well this took longer than expected, but I’m still happy to report that v4.7 will launch this week.
It’s in the hands of a few testers at the moment and it appears to be going well. I’ve squashed a few bugs and added some often requested features.
So what’s new? The full changelog reads:
- Specify unique hourly rates on projects *.
- Toggle to show/hide completed projects in nav.
- Specify task relationships.
- New admin setting: Disable task relations.
- Cache buster on main style sheet.
- New status column on My Tasks page *.
- Better font rendering with fonts now being served from Google CDN (with Latin extended support) *.
- Pages pane now remembers view state when open *.
- Filter report tasks by user *.
- Dedicated page for claiming unowned tasks *.
- Consistent cost rounding to two decimal places.
- Recent comments moved into left pane.
- More obvious feedback when a task is overdue *.
- First draft Polish language translation (theme only).
- Catalan translation updates.
- Presentation tweaks.
- Print style improvements.
- Minor UX improvements.
- Fixed issue where front-end presentation preferences were not honoured consistently on all pages.
- Fixed rare fatal error on mini chart.
- Fixed issue where filter view state was not being honoured.
- Fixed malformed HTML on welcome modals.
- Fixed recent comments issue on dashboard.
- Fixed mini chart presentation issue on small screens.
- Fixed modal toggle issue when creating new task from project page.
- Fixed incorrect outstanding tasks count on report.
- Fixed bug where incorrect task status would show in email notifications *.
- Fixed bug where ‘Completed’ column in email report was empty.
- Removed ‘welcome to’ from login page.
- Added chrome extension advice on welcome modals.
Note: * indicates a feature request or bug that was fixed after being reported by a customer.
Other minor additions
The following add-ons have also been updated. Although only Kanban has additional functionality, they have all been modified to take advantage of the improved font rendering.
- Task Follow 1.2.2
- Client Control 3.3.1
- Gantt 1.3.1
- Kanban 1.7.1
The other Kanban add-on improvement is the ability to view Task Relations.
You should get update prompts in WP Admin soon.
Meet the Rocket Apps plugin manager
The Rocket Apps plugin manager idea was spawned after I received a few complaints about how much side nav real-estate the plugins were using. I could not agree more.Keep reading
A change of direction, and some important product update information
Starting today, Rocket Apps will be launching an updated website and a new business model. The primary products, both Task Rocket and Invoice Rocket, will now be free.Keep reading
Introducing Open Graphite Pro for WordPress
Social sharing can critically important to bringing users to your website and converting, but unfortunately not all websites are putting their best social foot forward.Keep reading
Stripe for Invoice Rocket has been updated to 1.2
The new update to the Stripe extension adds an improved user experience for your customers and also some nice workflow enhancements.Keep reading
Invoice Rocket goes dark
If you’re the type who likes to work in the dark, or you just prefer dark themes in general, then the new Dark Theme option should be a welcome addition.Keep reading
How to make a living from WordPress development without violating the GPL
The General Public License allows users the freedom to run, study, share, modify or even sell the software. This extends to any software that uses the WordPress framework and APIs.Keep reading