Task Rocket 4 is almost ready to launch
In fact it will be any day now! The only hold up is I’m still creating all the version 4 supporting information for this website, which obviously has to be done before the TR4 release.
For those unaware, if you’re updating from any previous 3.x version you will be required to also run the Task Rocket 3.x to 4.0 converter tool to make your database compatible with version 4. Simple instructions for using the tool can be found here.
The final changelog for Task Rocket version 4
As well as introducing support for two new add-ons (Gantt and Comment Notify) and a significant update to the Client Control add-on, Task Rocket 4 is translation ready (a handful of languages are being worked on by some exceptional volunteers as I write this), introduces some useful new features, squashes some bugs and adds some minor UI/UX enhancements.
The final changelog reads:
- Task statuses (complete, incomplete, in progress and on hold).
- Theme is now translation ready.
- Search now returns results with queries based on project names and job numbers.
- Significantly improved notification options.
- Fixed issue of automatic job numbers not working when creating a new project in the back-end.
- Fixed issue where the unassigned label was not displaying.
- Fixed issue where WP 4.5 update broke the admin date-picker when editing a project.
- Fixed issue of incorrect cost being displayed for some projects on All Active Projects page.
- Fixed wrong date on recent comments on dashboard.
- Fixed issue where email notifications were saying a public task was private.
- Fixed issue where priority radio button was not showing current priority on task page.
- Fixed presentation issue on dashboard message for small screens.
- Fixed previous owner logic issue.
- Fixed issue where user profile would not load into pane.
- Fixed issue were add-on version detection was only working when license was activated.
- Fixed issue where some details would not get saved when creating project on front-end.
- Fixed typos.
- Removed ‘Show team activity on dashboard’ option (may come back at a later date).
- Deleting a project will now move any associated tasks into the trash (which can be restored in WP Admin).
- Removed several presentation settings and made them user preferences instead.
- Users can now set new preferences when editing their account.
- Projects page now indicates how many tasks are in progress.
- You can now delete a task on the front-end (which can be restored in WP Admin).
- You can now add comments to and interact with completed tasks.
- You can now taken ownership of un-owned tasks with a single click.
- Projects can now be archived (instead of just deleting them).
- Added support for Gantt add-on.
- Added support for Comment Notify add-on.
- Added recent comments on dashboard.
- New setting to specify how often WordPress will empty the trash.
- New setting to let project managers change the status of any task.
- Main projects navigation pane header changed to ‘Projects’ (was previously the website name).
- Task Rocket RSS feed dashboard widget in admin.
- Improved notification in admin when add-on is incompatible with current theme version.
- Added new filters to report: On Hold, In Progress.
- Removed ‘github’ field from user profile (too industry specific).
- Several bugs squashed.
- Minor UX/UI tweaks and enhancements.
Exciting stuff. Stay tuned!
Lessons learned from supporting WordPress plugins
As the developer, you want to give the best possible level of support to your customers, but often due to circumstances out of your control, it can be impossible or extremely difficult.Keep reading
How to include a custom stylesheet for any given page in WordPress
One of my biggest pet peeves with website presentation is how inefficient it can be to manage. Let’s see if we can improve the situation.Keep reading
How to increase the WordPress memory limit, and why you should
Some of the most common WordPress errors are related to a lack of available memory, specifically how much PHP memory WordPress needs compared how much it is able to use.Keep reading
Meet the Rocket Apps plugin manager
The Rocket Apps plugin manager idea was spawned after I received a few complaints about how much side nav real-estate the plugins were using. I could not agree more.Keep reading
A change of direction, and some important product update information
Starting today, Rocket Apps will be launching an updated website and a new business model. The primary products, both Task Rocket and Invoice Rocket, will now be free.Keep reading
Introducing Open Graphite Pro for WordPress
Social sharing can critically important to bringing users to your website and converting, but unfortunately not all websites are putting their best social foot forward.Keep reading