Task Rocket v2.7 is ready for download
What’s new in this version? A couple of new features, some user interface updates and some bugs have been squashed.
The thing you will notice the most is the user interface for tasks has been cleaned up significantly. As the app has evolved and features were added over time, it became increasingly difficult to place some of the user interface elements in a way that made sense while remaining aesthetically pleasing. The solution in v2.7 and going forward was to move most of the information into a new ‘task bar’ which looks cleaner and is easy to scan at a glance.
Additionally there is a new option in Task Rocket settings that lets you decide to have the attachment shown by default, or if you prefer to toggle their view state with a click/tap.
Anyhoo, the full changelog reads as follows:
- Reassigned tasks now show who the previous owner was.
- Completed tasks now show date completed.
- Reports now show the date tasks were completed.
- Tasks now show number of attached files.
- New setting to have attachments shown or hidden by default.
- Added presentation setting for increasing UI vividness.
- Added new option to allow unowned tasks.
- Improved colour distinction between low and normal priority.
- Fixed logic bug where project cost was output twice for administrators.
- Fixed missing tab task counts bug.
- Simple dashboard stats now shows the same info as enhanced dashboard stats.
- Front-end and back-end user interface improvements.
Download from the usual place, and as always feedback (good or bad) is not only welcome but massively appreciated. It’s what helps direct the future of the product.
Meet the Rocket Apps plugin manager
The Rocket Apps plugin manager idea was spawned after I received a few complaints about how much side nav real-estate the plugins were using. I could not agree more.Keep reading
A change of direction, and some important product update information
Starting today, Rocket Apps will be launching an updated website and a new business model. The primary products, both Task Rocket and Invoice Rocket, will now be free.Keep reading
Introducing Open Graphite Pro for WordPress
Social sharing can critically important to bringing users to your website and converting, but unfortunately not all websites are putting their best social foot forward.Keep reading
Stripe for Invoice Rocket has been updated to 1.2
The new update to the Stripe extension adds an improved user experience for your customers and also some nice workflow enhancements.Keep reading
Invoice Rocket goes dark
If you’re the type who likes to work in the dark, or you just prefer dark themes in general, then the new Dark Theme option should be a welcome addition.Keep reading
How to make a living from WordPress development without violating the GPL
The General Public License allows users the freedom to run, study, share, modify or even sell the software. This extends to any software that uses the WordPress framework and APIs.Keep reading