- Version: 1.9.0
- Updated: October 17, 2021
- Required: WordPress 5.0
- Price: $49 (AUD)
An informative & beautiful project management theme for WordPress
"It has changed the way we work...more productive and efficient."
Adriano Dias Director at Duplo A SSMA
Using the official WordPress minimum WordPress requirements is always recommended, but wProject should work fine on PHP 7.0 or higher.
Permalinks in WordPress settings need to be set as Post name. Activating wProject should do this automatically, but if not you’ll just need to manually change it in Settings -> Permalinks.
Important: wProject is a theme (not a plugin) and absolutely must be installed on a fresh instance of the latest version of WordPress. It will not integrate with your existing website or multi-site setup. It is a stand-alone theme and needs to be used as intended.
How do I enable the wProject theme?
After you’ve installed WordPress and uploaded wProject, login to admin, click on Appearance, select the wProject theme and click Activate.
Where can I find tutorials to use wProject?
The FAQ has all the answers you might need.
Is the cost of wProject once only or yearly?
That’s up to you.
12 months after initial purchase you have the option to renew your support license, but you don’t have to.
If you decide not to renew your license after 12 months, your product will continue to work as expected without any restrictions, but you simply will not be able to receive updates or be entitled to support.
v1.9.0 (14 October 2021)
- Enhancement: New notification option to email a user when someone replies to their comment.
v1.8.1 (14 October 2021)
- Fix: Radio button issue when editing/creating tasks.
v1.8.0 (13 October 2021)
- Enhancement: Italiano language (with thanks to Luca Alberto Deodati).
- Enhancement: New maintenance option to clean up read messages.
- Enhancement: Users without a photo will now show avatar with initials.
- Tweak: User interface update to the status boxes.
- Tweak: User interface update for the projects dashboard panel.
- Tweak: Project Manager shows as part of the team (formally removed, now reverted).
- Tweak: Removed deprecated time functions.
- Tweak: Added cache buster for ajax script.
- Tweak: Misc presentation updates.
- Tweak: Prevent changing the task status to same current task status.
- Misc: Some code refactoring for performance improvement.
- Fix: Incorrect default client avatar in the Kanban board and task takeover interface.
- Fix: Administrators can now enable the dashboard projects panel.
v1.7.2 (07 October 2021)
- Fix: Issue where context labels would not accept accented characters.
- Fix: Issue where editing task would remove task ownership, if setting was not enabled.
- Fix: Issue where overtime warning would appear when no setting value was specified.
- Fix: Issue that occurs when WordPress is installed in a sub-directory.
- Fix: Issue where context label colour picker would not work.
v1.7.1 (07 October 2021)
- Fix: Issue where adding missed time would result in minutes and seconds instead of hours and minutes.
v1.7.0 (06 October 2021)
- Enhancement: Added ability to manually enter time.
- Enhancement: Redesign of the time user interface.
- Fix: Presentation issue with links in comments.
- Fix: Task comment privacy logic.
v1.6.3 (05 October 2021)
- Enhancement: Complete redesign of the comment threads for easier readability.
- Fix: Small screen presentation on the All Projects page.
- Tweak: Minor UI improvements.
v1.6.2 (04 October 2021)
- Fix: Time presentation in project details pane.
v1.6.1 (04 October 2021)
- Fix: Logic issue that caused task page to break when Clients Pro plugin is deactivated.
v1.6.0 (04 October 2021)
- Enhancement: New ‘Context Labels’ feature.
- Enhancement: Allow pinning tasks owned by other users.
- Enhancement: Several user interface / user experience improvements and fixes.
- Enhancement: Several presentation improvements for mobile devices.
- Tweak: Clients Pro plugin v1.1.0 support.
- Fix: Issue where task would still show ‘x files’ label after all files were deleted.
- Fix: Reserved ‘status’ naming conflict.
- Fix: Issue where private task would report the opposite status.
v1.5.4 (30 September 2021)
- Fix: Issue where GDPR plugin would break homepage rendering when not logged in.
- Fix: Issue where client avatar would not show in followed tasks list.
- Tweak: Minor presentation update.
v1.5.3 (28 September 2021)
- Tweak: Icon UI consistency.
v1.5.2 (28 September 2021)
- Fix: Onboarding issue.
v1.5.1 (24 September 2021)
- Fix: Issue where dashboard tasks UI did not match internal page UI.
- Fix: Issue where team members could not view team and pages.
- Tweak: Moved ‘Hide team page’ setting to the ‘Permissions’ section.
v1.5.0 (24 September 2021)
- New Feature: Follow tasks (add tasks to favourites).
- Enhancement: Highlighted tasks are now remembered.
- Enhancement: Manage highlighted tasks from account bio.
- Tweak: Minor presentation fixes.
- Tweak: Moderate performance improvements.
- Fix: Incorrect use of translation strings for latest tasks time frame.
v1.4.0 [Major Update] (17 September 2021)
- Complete re-engineering of the time logging system.
- New option to limit team members to projects they are working on.
- New option to send user notification when creating a task for them.
- New option to add a message to the dashboard.
- New option to force users to upload a profile photo during onboarding process.
- New option to deny access to the team page.
- New option for response message position (Bottom full width).
- New option – System busy state – Presentation.
- New option to add spacing between tasks listed on project pages.
- Additional support for the Clients Pro plugin.
- Improved search results (returns pages, files and tasks).
- Client emphasis when viewing project team.
- Significant improvement to top navigation user experience.
- Notification messages can now be revived after being dismissed.
- Drop-down notifications can be dismissed faster and show an animation while working.
- Show an icon on a task if time is currently being recorded on it (task view).
- Indicate if a user is recording time on a task in (project view).
- Temporarily highlight tasks on project pages.
- Moved admin ‘Response message position’ into the ‘Presentation’ options.
- Removed some database calls to gain performance improvements.
- Presentation improvements to front-end and back-end.
- Added links on admin settings dashboard.
- Added admin quick update check button.
- Renamed ‘Google Hangouts’ to Google Meet’ on user account page.
- Updated logo.
- Removed ‘Logged time increments’ setting.
- Added more options for recent tasks on user account page.
- Moved logout button away from main navigation into lower left position.
- Project manager no longer shown among the team avatars on projects.
- Moved project name into right navigation when on project page.
- Upgraded theme updater framework.
- Added descriptions to widgets.
- Show comment counts.
- Updated Portuguese translation.
- Admin CSS cache-buster.
- Some minor presentation issues in dark mode.
- Inaccurate team member count on project page under certain conditions.
- Inaccurate ‘My latest tasks’ count on dashboard.
- Hide the ‘Create Task’ button on dashboard when users are not allowed to create tasks.
- Rare error message complaining about the project name when editing a project.
- Error when search results tried to return a project name.
- Issue where right pane could not overflow scroll.
- Issue where deleted task with time in progress would prevent user from recording time on a new task.
- Issue where links in comments would not wrap.
- Issue where WordPress would insert default widgets after fresh installation.
- Issue where ‘Completed projects navigation visibility’ settings was not being honoured under certain conditions.
- Issue where unowned task showed incorrect avatar (now shows a ghost avatar).
- Issue with status progress bar percentages.
v1.3.0 (16 August 2021)
- Enhancement: New setting to change the left pane projects list presentation to a drop-down.
- Enhancement: Complete support for Reports Pro plugin.
- Tweak: Right pane presentation.
- Fix: Issue with time recording that occurred under specific conditions.
- Fix: Issue where selecting which project to show a page on was not being honoured.
- Fix: Incorrect text domain on translation string.
v1.2.1 (26 July 2021)
- Enhancement: Added support for wProject Chrome Extension.
- Language file update.
v1.2.0 (18 July 2021)
- Enhancement: Added support for upcoming Reports Pro plugin.
- Enhancement: Added ability to upload a login screen logo.
- Enhancement: Added ability to upload favicon.
- Enhancement: Added ability to delete task from task edit page.
- Enhancement: Added response message position options.
- Enhancement: Additional widget support for Dashboard, Page, Sidebar, Project page, Task page, Team page and Account page.
- Enhancement: New options to customise email notifications sender name and email address.
- Tweak: New options to toggle task takeover email notifications.
- Fix: Changed default user avatar in email notifications to a PNG (for Outlook support).
- Fix: Issue where currency symbol position was not being honoured for the project info Budget value.
- Fix: Minor dark theme issue.
- Fix: Responsive logo issue.
v1.1.3 (18 May 2021)
- Fix: Issue where page label was not being honoured in the left navigation.
- Fix: Issue where task relation explanation line breaks were not being honoured.
- Fix: Allow no task ownership when editing a task.
- Fix: Allow checking subtasks by anyone when the task has no owner.
v1.1.2 (06 May 2021)
- Fix: Issue whereproject names would overflow in the left nav.
- Enhancement: Improvements to the wProject settings health check interface.
v1.1.1 (05 May 2021)
- Fix: Issue where ‘clear dates’ button would not show on projects and tasks with existing dates.
- Fix: Issue where removing materials would not release the ‘Save Changes’ button when editing a project.
v1.1.0 (04 May 2021)
- Fix: Issue where notifications were empty on project page.
- Enhancement: Added button to clear start and end date fields when creating a task or project.
- Enhancement: Show task % complete on Kanban cards.
- Enhancement: Show milestone count in project details pane.
- Enhancement: Show ‘Go to project’ link in right pane when editing a task.
- Enhancement: New option to hide competed tasks when printing a project.
- Enhancement: Consolidated print options into new admin Printing section.
- Enhancement: New option: Do not include completed tasks when printing a project.
- Tweak: Minor presentation tweaks.
v1.0.0 (01 May 2021)
- Enhancement: Added support for Gantt Pro plugin.
- Tweak: Tips only show on dashboard.
- Tweak: Change default user icon color.
- Fix: Issue where where completed task could break baked-in Gantt chart.
- Fix: Kanban issue where dragging task into ‘Complete’ column would not change task progress to 100%.
- Fix: Issue where marking task complete would not change task progress to 100%.
- Fix: Issue where marking task incomplete would not reset task progress to 0%.
- Fix: Issue where ‘complete’ label position moved on minimised complete tasks.
- Fix: Issue where deleting a project would leave some elements on the screen.
- Fix: Issue where start and end date labels would not show on mobile devices.
v0.9.1 (14 Apr 2021)
- Fix: Issue where editing a task that has files would duplicate the files.
- Fix: Don’t show files tab when the task does not have files.
- Enhancement: Added project name and link below task title on task page.
- Enhancement: Minor dark mode fix.
v0.9.0 (13 Apr 2021)
- Enhancement: New option to show or hide unfocused cards when using the Kanban filters.
- Enhancement: New option to hide completed projects from the main navigation.
- Enhancement: Improved tasks card layout on small screens.
- Enhancement: Presentation tweaks.
- Fix: Issue where long task names could cover the task status button on small screens.
v0.8.4 (13 Apr 2021)
- Fix: Issue where search results would redirect to homepage when running website in a sub directory.
v0.8.3 (11 Apr 2021)
- Enhancement: Let project managers easily delete a selected project and associated tasks from the front-end.
- Enhancement: New user interface to extend deadline when project is overdue.
- Enhancement: Emphasise current project in navigation.
- Enhancement: Team members can view a read-only view of the Kanban board.
- Fix: Issue with Edit button position when using the task filters on a project page.
- Fix: Conditional issue related to orphaned tasks.
- Fix: Minor presentation issue with budget on small screens.
- Fix: Minor presentation issue with Gantt minimise button in dark mode.
v0.8.2 (09 Apr 2021)
- Enhancement: New presentation options for avatar styles.
- Enhancement: Better utilisation of Kanban screen real-estate on 3K+ monitors.
- Enhancement: Toggle Gantt visibility and remember status.
- Enhancement: Significant improvements to iPad landscape experience.
- Fix: Added suitable message when attempting to edit a deleted project.
v0.8.1 (09 Apr 2021)
- Enhancement: Added option to show description on Kanban cards.
- Enhancement: Added emphasis on overdue tasks in the Kanban board.
- Enhancement: Minor presentation tweak on small screens.
- Fix: Small screen issue where task title could not be read when changing task status.
v0.8.0 (07 Apr 2021)
- Enhancement: Kanban board now works on mobile devices.
- Enhancement: Quick toggle for direction of comments.
v0.7.0 (06 Apr 2021)
- Enhancement: Real-time task count in Kanban columns.
- Enhancement: Kanban comment filter.
v0.6.0 (05 Apr 2021)
- Enhancement: Kanban board with drag and drop.
- Enhancement: Project Status admin column in WP Admin.
- Fix: Icon presentation issue in the right side bar when creating new tasks.
v0.5.0 (24 Mar 2021)
- Enhancement: New user option to minimise completed tasks.
- Enhancement: Focus title input when arriving at the new task or new project page.
- Fix: Issue where completed tasks were not greyscale on mobile devices.
v0.4.1 (21 Mar 2021)
- Fix: Translation string issue on user profile pages.
v0.4.0 (21 Mar 2021)
- Enhancement: New setting to allow users to claim ownership of unowned tasks.
- Enhancement: Allow users to claim ownership of unowned tasks when option is enabled.
- Enhancement: Allow creating unowned tasks.
- Fix: Added notice when creating a task when no projects have been created yet.
- Tweaks: Minor UI tweaks.
v0.3.4 (21 Mar 2021)
- Fix: Issue where timer would not stop recording when completing all subtasks.
v0.3.3 (18 Mar 2021)
- Enhancement: Significant improvement to task takeover email notification detail.
- Enhancement: Email notification when task takeover decision has been made.
- Fix: Minor notification presentation tweak.
v0.3.2 (17 Mar 2021)
- Enhancement: Send email notification to task owner upon task takeover request.
- Fix: Presentation issue in the task takeover choice prompt.
- Fix: Notification dropdown position.
v0.3.1 (14 Mar 2021)
- Enhancement: Added ‘Projects’ and ‘Task Owner’ column into ‘task’ custom post type in admin.
- Enhancement: Make ‘create task’ button a single click for team member role.
- Fix: Forced permalink structure to /%postname%/.
- Fix: Issue where new dashboard chart user option was missing for project managers.
- Fix: Issue where user could not update their email address from the account page.
- Fix: Issue where calendar link could not be disabled in wProject settings.
- Fix: Issue where team member could edit task or project if they had access to the direct URL.
v0.3.0 (13 Mar 2021)
- Fix: Fixed issue where new project would always include all task groups tasks.
- Tweak: Added credits section to the settings interface.
v0.2.9 (13 Mar 2021)
- Enhancement: Added user option to show projects bar chart on dashboard (project managers only).
- Tweak: Admin settings is now responsive for small screens.
- Tweak: Moved Due Date to below Start Date on Gantt chart popover.
- Fix: Issue where new project drop-down showed all users instead of just project managers.
v0.2.8 (12 Mar 2021)
- Enhancement: New option to enable/disable time tracking on tasks and projects.
- Enhancement: Task descriptions now auto add anchors to URLs.
- Fix: Task descriptions now honour line breaks.
- Teak: Minor presentation tweak.
v0.2.7 (11 Mar 2021)
- Enhancement: Added ability to make a page only show on a specified project.
- Fix: Issue with detecting PM role on settings icon.
- Fix: Minor typos and grammar.
v0.2.6 (10 Mar 2021)
- Fix: Removed task relationships options from task groups.
- Fix: New project page now forces ownership choice when applying a task group.
v0.2.5 (07 Mar 2021)
- Fix: Issue where timer would not stop when completing all subtasks.
- Fix: Minor presentation issues.
- Tweak: Only show the admin settings icon on desktop.
v0.2.4 (06 Mar 2021)
- Enhancement: When a task is complete, remove any overdue warnings.
- Enhancement: Added more tap target area in main nav for small screens.
- Fix: Issue when changing a task status to complete, radio would change to ‘complete’ after denying confirmation.
- Fix: Issue when editing a task, adding/removing subtasks would not release the form submit button.
- Tweak: Inject translatable text into comments heading and button.
- Tweak: Added ‘required’ attribute to comment textarea.
v0.2.3 (05 Mar 2021)
- Fix: Removed completed subtasks from Gantt.
v0.2.2 (05 Mar 2021)
- Enhancement: Option to reposition the Gantt popup.
- Enhancement: Option to show subtasks in Gantt chart.
v0.2.1 (04 Mar 2021)
- Fix: Issue where adding files to edited task would not release the submit button.
- Enhancement: Added files view when editing a task.
v0.2.0 (04 Mar 2021)
- Enhancement: Task Status UI interface.
- Enhancement: Added ‘in progress’ option to task status.
- Enhancement: Added settings icon into top nav.
v0.1.9 (03 Mar 2021)
- Fix: Issue where task status radio button selection was not showing on task page.
v0.1.8 (03 Mar 2021)
- Fix: Translation string single/plural logic on dashboard.
v0.1.7 (03 Mar 2021)
- Fix: Missing Gantt translation strings.
- Fix: Gantt showing complete status when it was not complete.
v0.1.6 (02 Mar 2021)
- Fix: Milestone was not showing on task page (when enabled).
- Fix: Privacy was not showing on task page (when enabled).
- Enhancement: Stylised checkboxes and radio buttons.
v0.1.5 (02 Mar 2021)
- Fix: Issue where task files would add empty entry into the database.
- Fix: Issue where manually updating time only worked with both hours and minute values.
v0.1.4 (02 Mar 2021)
- Fix: My Latest Tasks and Projects I Manage not showing on small devices (dashboard).
- Fix: Some favicons not showing.
- Fix: Project team members (project page).
- Fix: Outstanding dark mode issues.
- Fix: Minor grammar.
- Fix: Timer animation size on IOS.
- Tweak: Moved logout into left pane.
v0.1.3 (02 Mar 2021)
- Fix: Translation string issues.
v0.1.2 (01 Mar 2021)
- Enhancement: Dark mode.
v0.1.1 (01 Mar 2021)
- Fix: Issue related to page IDs.
v0.1 (28 Feb 2021)
- Initial beta release.